To the Members of the Minnesota Legislature:
- Whereas, the anti-gun movement, led by state groups like Protect Minnesota and Michael Bloomberg's out of state-funded Everytown, is attempting to take advantage of recent tragedies to drive home their agenda of gun control.
- Whereas, State Representative Linda Slocum, along with several of her anti-gun colleagues, have introduced the worst gun control bill seen in a decade in the state.
- Whereas, the bill established a ban on the sale or transfer of most semi-automatic handguns, rifles, and shotguns in the state, including many commonly owned hunting firearms.
- Whereas, the bill requires registration of all firearms in a database held by your local police. This database requires an annual fee - and forces you to allow the police to inspect your home without a warrant at any time.
- Whereas, the bill bans possession of suppressors, despite their lack of use in criminal activity.
- Whereas, the bill contains many other measures that would destroy our Second Amendment rights.
Therefore, as a law-abiding gun owner, I call upon all members of the Minnesota
Legislature to OPPOSE HF 3022 - the Slocum Gun Ban Bill!