TO THE MEMBERS OF THE MINNESOTA LEGISLATURE:
- Whereas, the anti-gun movement, led by state groups like Protect Minnesota and Michael Bloomberg's out of state-funded Everytown, is attempting to take advantage of recent tragedies to drive home their agenda of gun control
- Whereas, Governor Tim Walz campaigned on signing "Red Flag Gun Confiscation Flag Orders" and "Universal Gun Registration" into law
Whereas, House Speaker Melissa Hortman and Majority Leader Ryan Winkler have stated publicly that "Red Flag Gun Confiscation Orders" and "Universal Gun Registration" are top legislative priorities for 2019
- Whereas, "Red Flag Gun Confiscation Orders" allow your firearms to be seized through an ex-parte hearing where you will not be notified - depriving you of your right to defend yourself against accusations in court
- Whereas, "Red Flag Gun Confiscation Orders" completely destroys the Second Amendment by allowing nearly anyone to file a complaint leading to the loss of their right to keep and bear arms
Whereas, "Universal Gun Registration" creates a de-facto registry through the paper trail generated at gun shops & FFLs.
- Whereas, "Universal Gun Registration" destroys the Second Amendment by enabling use of this de-facto registry for nefarious purposes.
- Whereas, the metro-centric, anti-gun DFL leadership in the House has buried these gun control provisions in a public safety omnibus budget bill.
THEREFORE, AS A LAW-ABIDING GUN OWNER AND/OR A SUPPORTER OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT,
I CALL UPON ALL MEMBERS OF THE MINNESOTA LEGISLATURE
TO OPPOSE ALL GUN CONTROL MEASURES BY VOTING NO ON THESE AND OTHER GUN CONTROL BILLS