Join us at our 2019 Annual Meeting & Legislative Session for a day of reflection on the recent elections, a look back at the previous legislative session, a look ahead at the upcoming 2019 legislative session, and important training to help you become a better Second Amendment activist in 2019.
Why you should attend
This is going to be an exceptionally difficult legislative biennium over the next two years. We have an anti-gun Governor who campaigned on significant gun control - and a deeply anti-gun House of Representatives, many of which campaigned on all sorts of crazy gun control ideas.
We're going to need a highly engaged group of members and activists in order to put the stop to these gun control efforts before they get out of the gate in the upcoming legislative session.
During the meeting, we'll be providing a number of important updates, hearing from legislators that support and defend the Second Amendment in Saint Paul, and conducting a brief activist training session at the end of the day to help prepare you to motivate your friends and neighbors, engage with legislators, and even testify before committees.
We're still finalizing the agenda, but here's an idea of what's on tap:
- 8:30am - 9:00am -- Registration / Coffee / Social Time
- 9:00am - 12:00pm -- General Session (see below for details)
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm -- Lunch (with various speakers)
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm -- General Session (see below for details)
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm -- Activist Training (optional)
We'll also have tables from several exhibitors along with many giveaways.
General Session Topics:
- A look back at the 2017-2018 legislative session - lessons learned for gun owners & activists
- The 2018 Elections
- The upcoming Legislative Session - What can we expect? What's on the agenda?
- Local activism - what is your city council up to? How we're staying engaged at a city level.
- How can each of us learn to be better communicators about the Second Amendment with our friends, family, neighbors, and elected officials?
- Remarks from sitting Representatives and Senators
- Updates from partner organizations
- Open Discussion / Q&A
- General Admission: $25.00
- Second Amendment Defenders: If you donate $25 or more each month, you're in for FREE!
- Life Members (or higher): FREE
- Life members (or higher) should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Current legislators may attend free.
- Contact us at email@example.com to register.
There are several opportunities available to sponsor the event, including tables, coffee sponsors, and other opportunities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We hope to see you there!
- January 05, 2019 at 9am – 3:30pm
The Mermaid - Atlantis Ballroom (Downstairs)
2200 Mounds View Blvd
Mounds View, MN 55112
Google map and directions
- $25.00 USD